020 7625 1799

Repairs Q&A

How do I report a repair?

You can report a repair online through Report a Repair. However, please DO NOT report an emergency repair online.

Alternatively, you can report a repair by calling the office on 020 7625 1799.

What is an emergency repair?

An emergency repair is one that causes an immediate risk to your safety or to your home if it is not dealt with. These include water leaks and electrical failure. These are highest priority repairs and we aims to get a contractor out to you within 24 hours of your telephone report of the problem.

Do not use online repair reporting for emergencies. Phone us straightway on 020 7625 1799. For more details visit theRepairs page.

What should I do if I have an emergency repair when the office is closed?

We have a contractor who deals with out of hours emergencies. Please note that they will only respond to emergencies that cause an immediate risk i.e. loss of electrical power.

To report an out of hour emergency you should call the office on 0207 625 1799. The answer machine will give you the contact details of the contractor who deals with the out of hours emergencies.

Please be aware that the contractor will normally make safe until a full repair assessment can be made.

How long does a repair take?

All repairs are put in order of priority. When you report a repair you will be given a target time for it to be completed. For more details see the Repairs page.

Why should I pay for some repairs?

Some repairs are the responsibility of the tenants as clearly stated in tenancy agreement. If you are unsure, please contact the office and we will gladly assist.

If these repairs are carried out by Odu-Dua then we will recharge the cost to you.

In addition, if a repair is required due to negligence or damage caused by you or your family and friends, we will expect you to arrange for the works to be done to an acceptable standard. If you fail to make good any damages caused we will carry out the repair and recharge the costs to you. Legal action will be taken if you fail to pay the cost of the repair work/s.